Thursday, May 08, 2008

Four years have passed.....

Hello again, all ye faithful blogland readers... Although, I am sure I have NO faithful blog readers any more. Four years, and WAAAY too much to fit into one tiny little blog has gone by. So long, in fact, that I FORGOT that I even HAD a blog! Someone recently reminded me, oh thank you very much.

So, new and newer first: I just got back from Las Vegas yesterday. Oh joy oh rapture! I lost a couple hundred bucks, then got REALLY sick, so I couldn't even win it back. Nothing like having the trots while on vacation...

I met up with my bf there. He lives on Manhattan, so we have to travel to see each other. Not that I mind, I LOVE to travel. One of these days, we will hopefully live closer to one another. OH YEAH, I should fill you in on the bf :) I'm all kinds of happy bunnies about this man... We met in Vegas about 6 months ago, and he's really cool. I'll tell you, I'm a biiiig fan. He's actually one of the nice ones, really hard to find. He's a professional geek, and thinks I'm the bees knees.

I just started a new job. I am a sign language interpreter, and have been mostly working in the community at large, but decided I needed something a little more reliable. I am still interpreting, but in a cube (YUCK!) I work for a Video Relay Service (VRS) and the technology is really amazing. Here's how it works: a deaf person video phone connected to a tv or computer, they call me through that video phone. I have one too, so I can see my clients on my screen and they can see me. I also have a computer based audio phone that I can call out from. So, I call my client's people (doctors, friends, family, the IRS, whoever....) they then talk to each other remotely using me as a conduit. Pretty cool, huh? But it's in a cube. Booooo. The people I work with are the cat's pajamas, so they really make it a pleasure to come to work every day. Oh, and there's also oodles of down time, so I can do fun things like catch up on blogging.

If you have anything you want me to post about, please let me know... I tend to ramble, so please give me a direction :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

CC! Welcome (back) to the blogging world. Your new job sounds awesome. I know that cubes can suck, but I do have to say that there's a big piece of me that misses the privacy of the cube. Sometimes I want to build a wall between me and my co-workers in our open office, 'cos they just won't shut up!

Also, I don't know if your cube is yours and yours only, but if it is, I found that life got much more bearable in the cube world when I added small art postcards to the walls. T-Pins became my favorite things. It's depressing, but buying brightly colored office supplies really made all the difference in the world. Who ever thought I would say that??

And Vegas, huh? Funny, I lost a couple of hundred dollars and then got really sick (the first in the latest series of gall bladder attack- hmm. That was a year ago this week... hmm.) the last time I went there, too.

May 9, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home